[SOA] History Day Volunteers Needed

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Tue Apr 24 16:41:36 EDT 2007

SOA Members ,

State History Day is coming up Saturday, May 5. SOA gives out two cash
awards of $100, one in the junior division and one in the senior
division, for the best use of primary sources. Students may nominate
themselves or be nominated by judges in the first round of judging. If
you are in town for the MAC/SOA meeting and would be interested in
judging the SOA Awards, we could use your help to judge this year's
entries!  We have 34 entries already, and expect to get even more on the
day of the judging.

Judging for the awards starts at 11:00 and usually takes 2-3 hours. You
are also welcome to stay for the awards ceremony for the students. The
competition will be held at Columbus State Community College, just a
short distance from the MAC/SOA conference site. If you are interested
in volunteering, please send me an e-mail and I will give you more
information.

Thanks,
Angela

Angela O'Neal
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
(614) 297-2576

View our collections online:
http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/
<http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/>

Join us as we celebrate athletic accomplishments and amazing events in
the featured exhibit, Sports: Breaking Records, Breaking Barriers,
developed by the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History,
Behring Center, and the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition
Service (SITES), at the Ohio Historical Center, Feb. 8, 2007 thru April
22, 2007. Audi is the exclusive national sponsor of the exhibition.
Visit www.ohiohistory.org
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\aoneal\Application%20Data\Microso
ft\Signatures\www.ohiohistory.org>  for details.

Are you a member? Membership is more valuable than ever, with four
featured exhibits scheduled during the next 12 months! Learn more today
at www.ohiohistory.org/about/mem.html
<http://www.ohiohistory.org/about/mem.html> .