[SOA] FW: Reminder: Statehood Day is right around the corner

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Thu Feb 21 17:44:34 EST 2008

If you have not yet RSVP'd for Statehood Day, please consider doing so. Two issues of special interest to archivists are on the agenda this year:

*
	Establish an income tax check-off that would create a new competitive matching grants program, leveraging public investments in local historical, archival and preservation organizations.

*
	Establish a dedicated, sustainable source of funding for the efficient management and preservation of local government records.

Statehood Day is an excellent opportunity to connect with your local/regional representatives and tell them about the importance of your work. Please RSVP to Todd Kleismit (see info below) today. Also, I am willing to carpool to the statehouse from OHS if anyone is interested.

 <http://images.capwiz.com/ohiohistory/statehoodday300.jpg>
 <http://images.capwiz.com/img/spacer.gif>
Dear Angela,

Thank you if you who have signed up to join us for Statehood Day on Wednesday, March 5 at the Ohio Statehouse. If you would like to join us, there is still time to register. Please register by Monday, February 25.

Join fellow history lovers at the historic Ohio Statehouse in downtown Columbus on Wednesday, March 5 to commemorate the founding of Ohio by advocating for the issues important to preserve our state's history. Join us at the Statehouse Atrium from 10 am - 4 pm for an advocacy briefing, followed by luncheon remarks by Gov. Ted Strickland and then small-group meetings with state legislators. We'll set up all the meetings for you. All you have to do is show up!

Please refer to the Statehood Day web page at www.ohiohistory.org/about/lu/sd.html <http://capwiz.com/ohiohistory/utr/1/BCSQICNCXD/IOMSICVWGP/1754081496>  for more information. There is no cost to participate. Please RSVP to me at tkleismit at ohiohistory.org no later than February 25. Thank you. We hope to see you on March 5th.

Sincerely,

Todd Kleismit
Director of Government Relations
Ohio Historical Society