[SOA] NHPRC Conference Call: Basic Projects grants 7/16 3pm

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Wed Jul 8 12:11:50 EDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Event: NHPRC Conference Call on Archives: Basic Projects grants
Date: Wed,  8 Jul 2009 10:45:07 -0500 (CDT)
From: <mahnaz.ghaznavi at nara.gov>

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission staff will
hold a conference call on July 16, 2009, to answer questions about its
Archives: Basic Projects grants.

In brief, the Commission developed this category because it is
particularly concerned that some historical collections in archives and
repositories are difficult for most researchers to find because they are
not processed or represented in national catalogs.  As a result, the
Commission seeks proposals for projects that support backlog processing
and collections cataloging, phased preservation, and/or collections
development.

The full announcement is available on our website:
http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/announcement/basic.html.	Applications are
due on October 6, 2009.  NHPRC staff will review drafts that are
submitted by August 3, 2009.

The conference call will begin on Thursday, July 16 at 3:00 PM Eastern
Time and last one hour.	If you are interested in participating, please
send an email to Nathan Sowry at nathan.sowry at nara.gov. He will send you
the information on how to participate.  We are limited to 25
participants in this call.

Please share this announcement with other appropriate individuals and
listservs.

Daniel Stokes
Director for State Programs
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
(202) 357-5487
daniel.stokes at nara.gov