[SOA] OLSSI 2009

OLSSI Chair olssi.chair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:17:18 EDT 2009

*A few announcements regarding the 2009 Ohio Library Support Staff
Institute…*

1. We are proud to announce that our keynote speaker will be Jason Thomas,
Sergeant USMC, retired.  This brief note cannot do the man justice.  Mr.
Thomas received a number of awards for his search and rescue efforts at the
World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.  He would become a subject of the
Oliver Stone film, *World Trade Center*, and he and his family would  appear
on a special two-hour episode of the television show, “Extreme Makeover:
Home Edition.”

          For more information, please visit:
http://www.theJasonThomas.com/<http://www.thejasonthomas.com/>

2. Another addition to OLSSI’s Sunday night festivities will be James A.
Willis, author of the book *Weird Ohio*.  Mr. Willis will give a
presentation of the equipment he uses with his paranormal research and
investigation team, the *Ghosts of Ohio*.  He’ll then take all interested
outside for ghost tour of the Denison campus!

          From their website
(http://www.GhostsOfOhio.org/<http://www.ghostsofohio.org/>
):

3. Also opening night, the OLSSI Super Spectacular Costume Contest!

With the “Meet & Greet” reception at 5:00 PM, and dinner and opening
ceremonies at 6:00 PM, there’ll be plenty of time to show your Super-Self!  So
come dressed as your favorite superhero, villain, or one of your own making!
The winner will get the Superhero Prize Pack, which includes:

The Pulitzer Prize winning book –

*The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay,* by Michael Chabon,

all four Superman movies starring Christopher Reeve on DVD,

a Spider-Man fleece blanket,

a superhero kit,

and the Marvel Comic Book Library – 100 digital comic books on CD-ROM,
featuring Spidey, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, the Incredible
Hulk, and more!

All in a star-spangled Captain America tub!

          So, *Mask Up! *

          For photos, go to: http://a-whole-lotta-olssi.weebly.com

* *

4. And finally, while we’ll be handing out giveaways Sunday, Monday, and
Tuesday, nothing beats a Grand Prize! After our final presentation on
Tuesday, we’ll be giving away a weekend getaway to *The Inn & Spa at Honey
Run!*

Your two-night stay in the Main Lodge can actually be any time of the week
you choose!

The Inn is nestled on 70 acres in the heart of the Ohio Amish Country in
Holmes County, between Millersburg and Berlin, Ohio.

          For photos and more information, go to:
http://www.innathoneyrun.com/

** * * Registration closes Wednesday, July 15th.  You can contact
Secretary/Treasurer Tanya Ellenburg-Kimmet for your all your registration
needs at the following: *

*     Fax:** 937-775-2356*
*Phone:** 937-775-2094*

*     Email: **tanya.kimmet at wright.edu* <tanya.kimmet at wright.edu>

*U.S. Mail:*

*Tanya Ellenburg -Kimmet*

*OLSSI Secretary/Treasurer*
*Digital Services*
*Wright State University *

*3640 Col Glenn Hwy*
*Dayton, OH 45435 USA*

*Email/Fax the registration form even if payment will be delayed past July
15th so we can reserve a spot for you!  *

*For classes, instructors, FAQ, and more, go to:
**www.OLSSI.org<http://www.olssi.org/>
*