[SOA] Removing Tape Residue from B/W Photographs

Andy Pochatko pochana at oplin.org
Mon May 9 15:02:50 EDT 2011

Does anyone have any methods for removing tape residue from black and
white photographs? The plastic tape has been removed ; the residue is not
yet in a solidified state and I'd like to remove it before it is
permanent. I've seen a machine in the Gaylord catalog that is
unfortunately outside our budget. Looking at other online forums, I've
seen a product Un-Du Scrapper's Solution which claims to be safe on
photographs, but I'm leery about using it on archival materials.

Your incites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy Pochatko
Reference Librarian,
Harbor-Topky Memorial Library
440-964-9645 ext. 112

Yesterday's avant-garde experiment is today's chic and tomorrow's cliche.

Richard Hofstadter,
'Anti-Intellectualism in American Life', 1962