[SOA] Afro-American Historial and Genealogical Society (AAHGS)

Johnson, Jacqueline johnsoj at miamioh.edu
Tue Apr 2 14:57:41 EDT 2013

I along with colleagues am forming a chapter of The Afro-American
Historical and Genealogical Society (AAHGS). The AAHGS is the premier
organization of its kind in the world. The purpose is to create a network
of persons with similar interests, to assist members in documenting the
history of families with enslaved ancestors, and to become familiar with
resources for historical and genealogical research.

We welcome scholars, archivist and all researchers to become a member.

If you are interested in becoming a part of the Ohio Charter Group, please
Jacky Johnson at the contact information listed below. Once there are
enough interested members, we will contact you with a meeting date and
time. Meeting places are to be determined.

Contact: Jacky Johnson, Archivist, Western College Memorial Archives, Miami
University, Oxford, OH. 513.529.2069 or johnsoj at miamioh.edu