[SOA] born-digital filing question

Barb Sedlock bsedlock at defiance.edu
Thu Jan 24 12:40:25 EST 2013

We are dealing with our first born-digital photos right now and I
could use some ideas.

Our print photos were given an accession number, in order of
acquisition, and filed in Hollinger boxes inside acid-free folders.
Photocopies are made and put into 3-ring binders, filed by subject,
for browsing purposes.

Is it a good idea to continue the same accession numbering system for
born-digital photos, or would it be better in the long run to start a
new numbering system?  What does your library use as a born-digital
identification system?

Any other hints on handling born-digital images would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Barb Sedlock
Defiance College
bsedlock at defiance.edu