[SOA] Advice for dealing with broadcast videocassettes

Phillips, Carrie phillipsc at bluffton.edu
Wed Sep 11 15:48:20 EDT 2013

I have just received a large transfer of broadcast videocassettes from our public relations department.  These are the large videocassette master tapes from which regular VHS tapes were produced.  What do other college/university archives do with these items?  We do not have the equipment anywhere on campus to access the video on these tapes.  But, while the information on the tapes is pretty much inaccessible, it seems prudent to store them.  Is that line of thinking appropriate?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Carrie

Carrie Phillips
Archives & Special Collections Librarian
Musselman Library
Bluffton University
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH  45817-2104