[SOA] FW: Ohio Humanities - New Grant Guidelines (Press Release)

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 17 17:00:10 EDT 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ohio Humanities Introduces New Grant Guidelines

Columbus, Ohio - August 2013 -Ohio Humanities is pleased to announce new grant guidelines and deadlines. These guidelines replace all previous versions. Grant applicants are encouraged to visit http://ohiohumanities.org/grants1 to learn more. An updated grant application with new narrative questions is also available.

Effective as of August 15, the guidelines utilize six questions and a set of funding principles to help applicants identify to how they can successfully seek Ohio Humanities grant support.

The new guidelines include updated guidelines for media production projects and cultural and heritage tourism projects. Educator enrichment grants is a reimagining of the former K-12 Teachers Institutes. The educator enrichment guidelines have been updated to encourage innovative, effective, and cost-efficient formats.

Ohio Humanities is interested in seeing applications that address the following: Journey Stories, the Civil Rights Movement, and World War I. Projects that include the participation of veterans are a priority.

"The changes to our guidelines emphasize the true purpose of our grant-making - to better engage the public in the humanities," explained David Merkowitz, assistant director of Ohio Humanities. "The innovative projects we support will allow diverse audiences to explore the human experience. Through our support, we aim to enhance the vibrancy of Ohio communities."

For more information about Ohio Humanities and its grant policies, visit http://ohiohumanities.org .

About Ohio Humanities:
Ohio Humanities serves as a public advocate for the humanities in Ohio. We promote the humanities through public programs, grants, and community projects with the goal of helping individuals and communities explore, share, and be inspired by the human experience.

Contact:
David Merkowitz, Assistant Director
Ohio Humanities
471 East Broad Street, Suite 1620