[SOA] More opportunities to present at ALAO's 40th Annual Conference: Call for Posters, Tech Tables and Roundtable Discussion Topics!

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 10 14:58:55 EDT 2014

From: ohiolink-bounces at lists.ohiolink.edu [mailto:ohiolink-bounces at lists.ohiolink.edu] On Behalf Of Alisa Mizikar
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:57 PM
To: ohiolink at lists.ohiolink.edu
Subject: [Ohiolink] More opportunities to present at ALAO's 40th Annual Conference: Call for Posters, Tech Tables and Roundtable Discussion Topics!

[cid:image003.png at 01CF9C4F.78962910][cid:image004.jpg at 01CF9C4F.435A1400]

The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Conference Planning Committee is now accepting proposals for Poster Sessions, Tech Tables and Roundtable Discussion Topics for the 40th Annual Conference, which will take place on November 13-14, 2014 at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center in Sandusky, OH.

The submission deadline for this final round of proposals is Aug. 1, 2014.

Applicants are encouraged to develop sessions that show thoughtful consideration of this year’s conference theme, “Engagement, advocacy and outreach: Empowering our communities,” which seeks to explore how academic libraries and librarians empower our communities in all the ways that we do. We would love to learn about your ideas, experiences, solutions, and best practices – even those that yielded results that were different than expected!

For this round of proposals, presentations may take the form of

·        Posters--graphically represent a topic with text, tables, and images and chat informally with poster session attendees about your material,

·        Roundtable Discussions--lead a small, informal group discussion to facilitate networking and information exchange about a specific issue that librarians face, or

·        Tech Tables--briefly demonstrate a technology resource being used in your library for cataloging, marketing, instruction, staff training, etc..

Submit your proposals to: http://bit.ly/1oi4zS6