[SOA] Educator's Resource Page

Heise, Robin rheise at co.greene.oh.us
Fri Aug 28 12:11:09 EDT 2015

Hello from the Greene County Records Center & Archives.

Just as local schools are back in session, I am pleased to announce the official "roll out" of our new Educator's Resource Page<https://oh-greenecounty.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=1079>.  The Greene County Records Center & Archives maintains and preserves the vital historical records of the County and it is our responsibility to ensure that they are accessible to current and future generations. In that vein, our Educator's Resource Page is an attempt to get the word out about our resources to both local educators and the younger generations in the local classrooms.

The Ohio Social Studies Standards emphasize the use of primary sources in the classroom to help create historical narratives.  Our Educator's Resource Page provides educators with a sampling of our primary sources along with educational programs designed for grades 4 through 9.  These programs focus on local history topics and highlight not only our primary sources, but also secondary sources from other Greene County repositories.  In addition to the educational programs, we also have included fun student activities such as a Greene County History Crossword Puzzle, a Word Search, and other classroom resources.

Over the next year we hope to add additional educational resources including:

*        A Genealogy Book for Kids;

*        Oral Histories for Kids;

*        Maps for Kids;

*        A Greene County History Coloring Book.

If you know any educators in the area, please feel free to forward this information on to them.  If they have any questions or suggestions regarding the page, please have them contact our Public Outreach Coordinator, Elise Kelly, by phone at 937-562-6486 or by email at ekelly at co.greene.oh.us<mailto:ekelly at co.greene.oh.us>.

Robin Heise
Records Manager/Archivist
Greene County Records Center and Archives
535 Ledbetter Road, Xenia, OH 45385
Tel: (937) 562-6489
Fax: (937) 562-6485
Email: rheise at co.greene.oh.us<mailto:ghill at co.greene.oh.us>