[SOA] Job posting

Arp, Charles E ArpC at battelle.org
Thu Dec 3 09:24:36 EST 2015

Battelle Manager, Enterprise Content Management

Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.

Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.

We are currently seeking a Manager, Enterprise Content Management. This position located in Columbus, OH.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Establishes strategy, policy and procedures, implements and manages Battelle's enterprise content management, records management, GLP and historical archival programs. Collaboratively defines and manages the implementation of e-discovery strategy, policies, and procedures. Provides expertise and input into other functional areas which affect the recorded information of the organization (i.e. electronic information. digital images, etc.), and the maintenance and retrieval of that information.

MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES

*         Manages the Records Management Office (RMO) and staff  (e.g., budgeting, salary planning, performance reviews, staff development, safety observations, etc.)

*         Defines and implements Battelle Corporate Operations (BCO) Records Management Policy. Maintains the Battelle records retention schedule and provides digital and traditional preservation advice and services as part of the implementation of that policy.

*         In conjunction with stakeholders, defines and implements records management, content management, e-mail management, and document control systems and provides training for those systems as needed.

*         Manages the offsite storage and retrieval of Battelle's inactive records. Defines record storage services and assists in the selection of vendors offering those services as needed.

*         Manages GLP archives in accordance with FDA and EPA rules and regulations.

*         Collaboratively defines the strategy, policies and procedures for implementing the use of digital GLP records including the validation of systems managing such records.

*         Collaborates with the Legal Department and outside counsel to define and provide e-discovery services and policies including the selection, collection, maintenance, and production of relevant digital files.

*         Manages the Battelle historical archives.

*         Benchmarks ECM activities with other Battelle managed laboratories and outside corporations.

THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:

*         This individual must possess a Bachelor's Degree in history, library science, business administration or an equivalent field with at least 5 years' experience in records or archival management.

*         The individual should have an understanding of automated systems and applications, space planning, and micrographics.

*         Background should demonstrate leadership and problem solving abilities and effective oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to deal with staff at all levels.

THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:

*         Experience implementing DoD5015.2 applications

*         An understanding of 21 CFR Part 11 and 21 CFR Part 58 desired.

*         Certification in Records Management (CRM) or Certified Archivist (CA)

*         Some experience or college course work in the areas of computer science, biology, business law, human relations, digital preservation, records and information management, and accounting.

BENEFITS

Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.

Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers<http://www.battelle.org/careers>.