[SOA] Ohio Museums Assoc Conference, Apr 17-18

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:44:48 EDT 2016

Ohio Museums Association 2016 Conference

Advocacy Builds Capital

April 17-18

DoubleTree by Hilton, Columbus-Worthington

*        With Ohio's capitol city as our backdrop for OMA 2016, it's important to remember both advocacy and capital can mean many things.

*        Advocacy is more than just connecting with your elected officials - it's also communicating the value of your organization both within your community and on a larger scale. It's sharing that museums are an essential resource, and play a vital role in our communities.

*        Capital is more than just money - it's also the human capital of your staff, visitors, volunteers and stakeholders. It's the relationship with your community and the social responsibility of our institutions as trusted cultural stewards.

*        Join us in Columbus, April 17-18 as we explore these topics and more at the 2016 Ohio Museums Association's Annual Conference, Advocacy Builds Capital!

*        Full program and registration at http://ohiomuseums.org/professional-development/conference/

About: The Ohio Museums Association serves Ohio arboretums, aquariums, anthropology museums, art museums, art center and galleries, botanical gardens, ethnic museums, general museums, heritage centers, history museums, historic houses, historic parks and sites, historical societies, natural history museums, nature centers, planetariums, science and technology centers, youth and children's museums and zoos. http://ohiomuseums.org/about/history-mission/

OHIO University

Janet Carleton | Digital Initiatives Coordinator | University Libraries | 1 Ohio University | Alden 322 | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu | http://media.library.ohiou.edu | http://twitter.com/jcarletonoh | http://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital | http://ohiou-digital-collections.tumblr.com/ | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/