[SOA] Fwd: Summary of COVID-19 Archives Survey Results and Invite to Virtual Archivists "Meet-Up" on Thursday, August 13 at 3pm

Natalie Fritz nataliemfritz3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 19:43:43 EDT 2020

*Apologies, part of this is duplicated, there were some difficulties with
the survey summary attachment sent earlier.*

 A few weeks ago, the Society of Ohio Archivists Advocacy & Outreach
Committee sent out a survey to Ohio archival repositories to gather
information regarding reopening dates, effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on
staffing, and new procedures and policies implemented in response to
COVID-19.

Here is a link to a visual representation of the results:
https://cutt.ly/SOA_COVID19ArchivesSurveyJuly2020

In connection with the survey, the A&O Committee is hosting a virtual
informal "Meet-Up" next Thursday, August 13 at 3pm via Zoom as an
opportunity for Ohio Archivists to get together to chat about the survey,
reopening, policies and procedures, and more. Just join to chat with fellow
archivists!

*Meeting Info: *
Topic: Society of Ohio Archivists Virtual "Meet Up"
Time: Aug 13, 2020 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85428123899
Meeting ID: 854 2812 3899
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,85428123899# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,85428123899# US (New York)

If nothing else, we hope that the survey provides a general overview of how
archives were affected for posterity. We hope that some might find
reassurance in seeing others responding similarly and/or get ideas and
guidance.

Other new policies being implemented, mentioned by survey respondents in
the comments: appointments made for blocks of time, limiting researcher
time, social distancing markers and increased signage, halt on new
donations, reduced work stations, one-way aisles, 14 day self-quarantine
after employees returning from hot-spot states, daily checklist for
employees to ensure health, drinking fountains turned off, gloves required
for all handling

Please note that the survey opened and closed prior to the statewide Ohio
mask order.

We want to say that with everything in flux and things changing on a daily
basis, we understand that reopening plans and procedures may have changed
considerably since the survey closed! We wish everyone the best with
whatever they are doing at their organization!

Other resources:
- A shared editable document for University archive policies and
procedures:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16DxI_IFD4h6H1inHI7tizHRvq0oB79QtZ6NrxfJVAM8/edit#gid=0
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16DxI_IFD4h6H1inHI7tizHRvq0oB79QtZ6NrxfJVAM8/edit#gid=0>
- Ohio coronavirus resource page:
https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home

Thank you,

SOA Advocacy and Outreach Committee

Natalie Fritz
Curator of Library & Archives
Clark County Historical Society at the Heritage Center
117 S. Fountain Avenue
Springfield, OH 45502
937-324-0657 ext. 234
nataliemfritz3 at gmail.com