[SOA] Library / archive social media managers

Kayla Harris kharris2 at udayton.edu
Wed Apr 28 14:40:17 EDT 2021

Hello Ohio Archivists,

Please see the text below from colleagues conducting a research project
looking at social media managers:

Greetings!

We are looking for managers of social media at all types of libraries in
the United States to answer a 5-minute survey with mostly yes or no
questions. For the purposes of this survey, we are defining “managers of
social media” as any individual who is responsible for monitoring or
posting on social media on a library’s behalf. All library social media
managers are encouraged to respond; there is no limit per library.

The purpose of this project is to better understand the current use of
social media by libraries to solicit and respond to questions and feedback.

https://udayton.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cGUbn7QK09ldkc6

Feel free to pass this survey link along to anyone at your institution
responsible for maintaining library social media accounts. The first phase
of the survey, specifically inviting institutions in Ohio, will be open
through May 14.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jason Wardell at
jwardell1 at udayton.edu or 937-229-1558.

Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to reading your

Sincerely,

Jason Wardell & Katy Kelly

University of Dayton Libraries

--