[SOA] Job: Archivist - Dawes Arboretum

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 29 15:04:58 EST 2021

[cid:image004.png at 01D6F650.1AF21E60]

Position Posting

Archivist

The Dawes Arboretum has an exciting opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week) non-exempt Archivist in our History/Education department.

Your purpose is to champion our mission by preserving the historic collections of The Dawes Arboretum's archives and sharing Dawes family history with members, visitors and guests. This is achieved by documenting and digitizing Arboretum and Dawes family manuscripts, photographs, videos, audio materials and 3-D objects as well as leading tours and facilitating educational programs. Attention to detail, collaboration and organization are just a few of the key skills essential for success in this role.

Some of the specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:

*        Inventory and digitize historical archival collections. Grow and manage digital collections.

*        Update collection records, photograph and label objects.

*        Lead tours of the Daweswood House Museum, assist with school field trips and create Arboretum programs.

*        Oversee archival volunteers & create volunteer opportunities.

We strive to provide a fulfilling work environment.  Below are just a few of the reasons that you will want to join our team.  We offer:

  *   A safe and clean working environment
  *   Competitive base pay
  *   An environment where you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect

If you are inspired by what you have read so far, please submit your resume and cover letter demonstrating the following:

*        Bachelor's degree in history, library science, archival studies or related field, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.

*        Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated professional experience in handling and cataloging archival materials.

*        Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)

*        Superior organization and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.

*        Ability to work outdoors, weekends and evenings when needed.

The pay range for this position is $16.00 - $20.80 dependent upon knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.

E-mail your cover letter and resume to smdrake at dawesarb.org<mailto:smdrake at dawesarb.org> with the subject line: "Archivist" before Sunday, February 14, 2021 to be considered for this opportunity.

7770 Jacksontown Rd. | Newark, OH 43056 740.323.2355 | www.dawesarb.org<http://www.dawesarb.org/> | 800.44.DAWES

Janet Carleton & Amanda Rindler
Cochairs, Marketing and Communications Committee<https://ohioarchivists.org/marketing/>, Society of Ohio Archivists<https://ohioarchivists.org/>
Connect with Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/groups/13967250428/> | Flickr<https://www.flickr.com/photos/ohioarchivists/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4344207/> | Listserv<https://ohioarchivists.org/listserv/> | Pinterest<http://www.pinterest.com/ohioarchivists/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ohioarchivists> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4XEQwaiQ2yINYjGIM5B-Yw>
[soa-new-logo-200px]
Janet Carleton | Working from home
Digital Initiatives Coordinator | Preservation and Digital Initiatives | University Libraries | Alden 333 | 1 Ohio University | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> | http://media.library.ohio.edu<http://media.library.ohio.edu/>