[SOA] Ohio History Service Corps application open for positions starting in September

Betsy Hedler ehedler at ohiohistory.org
Fri May 13 14:50:01 EDT 2022

Friends,

I'm writing to ask you to share this opportunity with your students, interns, and former students and interns, as appropriate.

We're recruiting for Ohio History Service Corps AmeriCorps members to start in September 2022 and serve through August 31, 2023. More information and the application links can be found on our website at ohiohistory.org/americorps<http://www.ohiohistory.org/americorps>.

The Ohio History Service Corps is an AmeriCorps program whose members provide capacity-building services to local history organizations. Serving with the Ohio History Service Corps can be a chance to grow as a public historian by putting into practice the skills learned in school. It's also a great introduction to the local history community in Ohio and an excellent way to create a network for future opportunities.

We will have 10 member slots around the state of Ohio. We're recruiting folks with a passion for history, public history, museum studies, anthropology, other humanities, library sciences, historic preservation/architectural history, education, or related fields. A B.A. or similar level of experience is preferred. We're open to folks who are currently pursuing a degree (whether B.A. or M.A. or Ph.D.)., but they should be aware that the time commitment for this position is 35-40 hours/week.

We'll be beginning interviews in June and hope to have the positions filled before the end of August. The member living stipend is expected to be $20,000 for the year; and those who successfully complete the year will receive an education award<https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/segal-americorps-education-award> of $6,495 to apply to qualified student loans or tuition at eligible institutions.

Thank you, and feel free to put folks in touch with me for questions,
Betsy

Dr. Betsy Hedler (she/her)| Ohio History Service Corps Program Manager
Community Engagement Department | Ohio History Connection | 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43211
p. 614.297.2538 | c. 614.398.3491 | americorps at ohiohistory.org<mailto:americorps at ohiohistory.org>
ohiohistory.org/americorps <https://www.ohiohistory.org/localhistoryhelps>

[OHSClogo]      [AC_State Logo_OH_1_small]