[SOA] college archives and photos that used to go into yearbooks

Barb Sedlock bsedlock at defiance.edu
Mon Aug 28 15:38:32 EDT 2023

I was working with our alumni office recently to find photos from the
past for an event they were organizing.  The alumni office person said
that when working on class reunions, we are getting very close to the
period where we stopped publishing yearbooks.  She wondered what
future alumni offices were going to do about getting archival
photographs for brochures and slide shows once the yearbooks are no
longer a source.

So that got me wondering, what do other Ohio colleges do about
archiving recent digital photographs of campus events, ones that in
the past would get published in yearbooks, but now may disappear into
thin air after they are used for Twitter/X or Facebook or Instagram
posts?  Does your PR office automatically give your archives access to
those photos?
Barb Sedlock
bsedlock at defiance.edu

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any
attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may