[SOA] Photos and images submissions for the Archives Month Poster

Collette McDonough collette.mcdonough at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:31:22 EDT 2023

This year for the annual Society of Ohio Archivists’ October Archives
Month poster we are looking for archival image submissions having to
do with transportation in Ohio. Transportation has been important to
Ohio since our founding.  So, if your institution has images that you
know are interesting and that have an intriguing backstory, please
send them to us for a chance to be on the poster this year.

We are of course expecting the photos of planes, trains, and
automobiles but we hope you send in all sorts of mode of transit such as
canal boats, electric street cars, motorcycles, sternwheelers, horses
pulling carts, or blimps.  You might also want to submit images of a local
 car factory, or patent drawing for an invention that involves
transportation.

We hope to get submissions from all over the state of Ohio or
organizations that have collections that relate to Ohio. If interested in
participating, please submit your related images to
archivesAOohio at gmail.com by Friday, April 3, 2023.

Institutions or individuals can submit a maximum of 3 images. Please
 ensure that the image quality is a minimum of 300 dpi; higher quality is
encouraged. With your submission, please include a description of the
 image that explains its importance AND a brief one sentence caption
 that can be used on the poster if the image is selected.

SOA members will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite entry
 between Friday, April 7, 2023- Friday, April 28, 2022. Entrants do not
 need to be members to submit images. If you know organizations with
archival materials that would fit well with this year's theme, please
share this info with them!

We look forward to your participation!

Thank You,

Society of Ohio Archivists Advocacy and Outreach Committee