[SOA] Register and/or speak at OhioDIG July 16, on Vendors, at SLO in Columbus

Carleton, Janet (she/her) carleton at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 20 16:22:19 EDT 2024

Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group for our July in-person meeting at 10AM on Tuesday, July 16, 2024 at the State Library of Ohio to discuss vendor experiences.

Register to attend: Open until Friday July 12, 5pm, or until room capacity of 50 is reached at https://forms.gle/md36sfRr2GG6ejKj8

Topic:  Talking 'bout Vendors

In our work with digitization and digital preservation, most of us use vendors for various parts of the process-ranging from purchasing equipment, outsourcing the capture and metadata/OCR/transcription, cloud storage platforms, to discovery platforms, and more.

For this meeting we are seeking folks for lightning talks about a vendor experience, then we will break into small discussion groups focused on different types of vendor products. (Volunteer to share your experience by filling out this form for speakers by July 1:  https://forms.gle/k1ikZUegxEcqqPLQ7 )

In this in-person setting we will not be recording, potentially allowing for frank discussion of good and not-so-good experiences, as well as lessons learned, tips, and tricks. For example, when we had a program on purchasing book scanners some years back, I learned that the price is not THE price-negotiation can come into play! And, what companies stood behind their service agreements like a champ--and who fell short. Come and share with us and join in a lively discussion!

Registration: Open until Friday July 12, 5pm, or until room capacity is reached.

Speakers:

- Lauren Kennedy, Digital Projects Coordinator, Ohio History Connection

- Your name here: Volunteer to share your vendor experience in a lightning talk by filling out this form by July 1: https://forms.gle/k1ikZUegxEcqqPLQ7

Program Contacts: Janet Carleton (carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu>) Ohio University Libraries & Brenda Foster (bfoster at ccad.edu<mailto:bfoster at ccad.edu>) Columbus College of Art & Design

Host: Penelope Shumaker & Evan Struble, State Library of Ohio