[OPLINLIST] Current Best Practice in Web Development

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:58:10 -0500

--------------090403080906080604050402

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.*

*Current Best Practices in Web Development*

Register for this event
<http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/index.html?a=formreg&id=302>

*Date:* Wednesday, January 14th, 2004
*Time:* 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
*Location:*  GCLC Office (Directions to GCLC
<http://www.gclc-lib.org/about/directions.html>)
*Speaker:* Glen Horton, GCLC Technology Cooordinator
Web editing software has made it very easy for just about anyone to
create a Web site. However, there's much more that needs to be
considered when developing a site for today's World Wide Web.  Join us
as we look at current best practices in developing and maintaining Web
sites. We'll look at issues to consider in the layout and structure of
your site as well as current standards such as XHTML, CSS, XML, DOM,
PNG, WAI, and Section 508. Whether you are designing a site from scratch
or revamping an existing one, this workshop is for you!
In this workshop, you will learn about:
- Architecting or re-architecting a Web site
- Making your site compliant with current Web standards
- Making your site accessible to everyone
- The future of the Web and how to plan for it now
- Tools and resources for developing/maintaining your site

LUNCH SELECTIONS:
Please specify choice in the comments segment of the registration form.
Roast Beef
Turkey
Veggie
Tuna Salad
Bread choices are wheat, rye, sourdough or onion roll.
All lunches come with pickle, potato salad, and cookie.

*Audience:*
A general familiarity of HTML is assumed.

*Member and **Friend of GCLC** Cost:* $45.00 Includes continental
breakfast and box lunch.
*Non-Member Cost:* $95.00 Includes continental breakfast and box lunch.

The deadline to register is Wednesday, January 7th, 2004

--------------090403080906080604050402

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
several lists. &nbsp;Our
for this event</a></p>
<b>Location:</b>&nbsp; GCLC Office (<a
 href="http://www.gclc-lib.org/about/directions.html">Directions to GCLC</a>)<br>
Web
editing software has made it very easy for just about anyone to create
a Web site. However, there's much more that needs to be considered when
developing a site for today's World Wide Web.&nbsp; Join us as we look at
current best practices in developing and
maintaining Web sites. We'll look at issues to consider in the layout
and structure of your site as well as current standards such as XHTML,
CSS, XML, DOM, PNG, WAI, and Section 508. Whether you are designing a
site from scratch or revamping an existing one, this workshop is for
you!<br>
In this workshop, you will learn about:<br>
- Architecting or re-architecting a Web site<br>
- Making your site compliant with current Web standards<br>
- Making your site accessible to everyone<br>
- The future of the Web and how to plan for it now<br>
- Tools and resources for developing/maintaining your site<br>
LUNCH SELECTIONS:<br>
Please specify choice in the comments segment of the registration form.<br>
Roast Beef<br>
Turkey<br>
Veggie<br>
Tuna Salad<br>
Bread choices are wheat, rye, sourdough or onion roll.<br>
All lunches come with pickle, potato salad, and cookie.</p>
A general familiarity of HTML is assumed.</p>
Includes continental breakfast and box lunch.<br>
<b>Non-Member Cost:</b> $95.00 Includes continental breakfast and box
lunch.</p>

--------------090403080906080604050402--