[OPLINLIST] Stumpers -- "Whispering Bill" and peeping tom escapees from asylums

Maggie Bollar bluedogbooks@yahoo.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:30:43 -0800 (PST)

--0-583245164-1075433443=:41082

Hello,

First, I provided an elderly man with the lyrics to a song titled "Still," by Bill Anderson, also known as "Whispering Bill."  The elderly man in question was happy to get the lyrics, but REALLY wants the sheet music.  We found "Still" listed as appearing in a sheet music book, but upon checking closely, I found it was actually the Commodore's R & B hit, "Still," and incorrectly listed as Mr. Anderson's song.  I found that Mr. Anderson is still touring, and emailed two people at his artist management company  - one email was returned, and the other has received no response.  Can anyone supply this sheet music?  (By the way, the patron does not want to have to input his credit card number to purchase an item; for instance, he will not register with ebay because they ask for his card number.)

Second, I have a patron looking for a children's book she read approximately forty years ago (this stumper will be cross-posted to pubyac, childlit, and stumpers, if necessary).  She remembers that the illustrations featured people with "pointy noses."  The characters were in a two-story house, and traveled to chautauguas in New York or Vermont.  There was an escapee from an asylum who peered through the windows into the house.  One of the characters may have been named Paige and one Joe-Po.  One character grew up to be a writer for the New Yorker.  This sounded vaguely Elizabeth Enrightish to me, but no luck.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Maggie Bollar
Children's Librarian
New Carlisle Public Library
111 E. Lake Avenue
New Carlisle, OH  45344
937.845.3601 (voice)
937.845.0908 (fax)
"It takes a long time to become young." - Picasso

--0-583245164-1075433443=:41082

<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>First, I provided an elderly man with the lyrics to a song titled "Still," by Bill Anderson, also known as "Whispering Bill."&nbsp; The elderly man in question was happy to get the lyrics, but REALLY wants the sheet music.&nbsp; We found "Still" listed as appearing in a sheet music book, but upon checking closely, I found it was actually the Commodore's R &amp; B hit, "Still," and incorrectly listed as Mr. Anderson's song.&nbsp; I found that Mr. Anderson is still touring, and emailed two people at his artist management company&nbsp; - one email was returned, and the other has received no response.&nbsp; Can anyone supply this sheet music?&nbsp; (By the way, the patron does not want to have to input his credit card number to purchase an item; for instance, he will not register with ebay because they ask for his card number.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Second, I have a patron looking for a children's book she read approximately forty years ago (this stumper will be cross-posted to pubyac, childlit, and stumpers, if necessary).&nbsp; She remembers that the illustrations featured people with "pointy noses."&nbsp; The characters were in a two-story house, and traveled to chautauguas in New York or Vermont.&nbsp; There was an escapee from an asylum who peered through the windows into the house.&nbsp; One of the characters may have been named Paige and one Joe-Po.&nbsp; One character grew up to be a writer for the New Yorker.&nbsp; This sounded vaguely Elizabeth Enrightish to me, but no luck.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for any help you can offer!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Maggie Bollar</DIV>
<DIV>Children's Librarian</DIV>
<DIV>New Carlisle Public Library</DIV>
<DIV>111 E. Lake Avenue</DIV>
<DIV>New Carlisle, OH&nbsp; 45344</DIV>
<DIV>937.845.3601 (voice)</DIV>
<DIV>937.845.0908 (fax)</DIV>
<DIV>"It takes a long time to become young." - Picasso</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-583245164-1075433443=:41082--