[OPLINLIST] Free Beta test of archives workshop

Arp, Charles E ArpC@BATTELLE.ORG
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:56:38 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4968D.F92B39DF

Colleagues:

I have been working on an Institute of Museum and Library Services
(IMLS) grant funded project to create an "Archives 101" type workshop
designed for those who have responsibility for archival collections yet
who lack archival training. The project, called Basic Archival
Continuing Education (BACE) is being administered by the American
Association for State and Local History (AALSH) and is co-managed by
Kathleen Roe of the New York State Archives and myself. The other
partners in this project include the Michigan Historical Center, OCLC,
and Fusion Productions.=20

On Saturday October 23rd I will be giving a beta test of this workshop
at the Ohio Historical Center in Columbus. This workshop will be free to
20 participants and as an inducement to constructive criticism a free
lunch will be provided to the participants. The workshop will cover the
basics of archives - collections policies, appraisal, accessioning,
housing archival collections, preservation and reference. For those of
you interested in archival activities, or those of you responsible for
archival collections this would be a good opportunity to get a free
refresher course in the basics of archives.

 If any of you are interested in participating in this beta test
workshop please contact me at your convenience, the slots for this
workshop will be given out on a first come first served basis. As
always, thanks for your time and have a great day.

Charlie Arp
Battelle Records Management
W (614) 424-7897
H (614) 486-6053
arpc@battelle.org

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4968D.F92B39DF

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6249.1">
<TITLE>Free Beta test of archives workshop</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">Colleagues:</SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">I have been working on an Institute =
of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) grant funded project to create an =
&#8220;Archives 101&#8221; type workshop designed for those who have =
responsibility for archival collections yet who lack archival training. =
The project, called Basic Archival Continuing Education (BACE) is being =
administered by the American Association for State and Local History =
(AALSH) and is co-managed by Kathleen Roe of the New York State Archives =
and myself. The other partners in this project include the Michigan =
Historical Center, OCLC, and Fusion Productions. </SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">On Saturday October 23<SUP>rd</SUP> =
I will be giving a beta test of this workshop at the Ohio Historical =
Center in Columbus. This workshop will be free to 20 participants and as =
an inducement to constructive criticism a free lunch will be provided to =
the participants. The workshop will cover the basics of archives &#8211; =
collections policies, appraisal, accessioning, housing archival =
collections, preservation and reference. For those of you interested in =
archival activities, or those of you responsible for archival =
collections this would be a good opportunity to get a free refresher =
course in the basics of archives.</SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">&nbsp;If any of you are interested =
in participating in this beta test workshop please contact me at your =
convenience, the slots for this workshop will be given out on a first =
come first served basis. As always, thanks for your time and have a =
great day.</SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">Charlie Arp</SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">Battelle Records =
Management</SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">W (614) 424-7897</SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">H (614) 486-6053</SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><SPAN LANG=3D"en-us">arpc@battelle.org</SPAN></P>
<BR>
<BR>

</BODY>