[OPLINLIST] We Win Again!

Georgiana huizenge@oplin.org
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:20:45 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C49B2F.30C71C60

The Harris-Elmore Public Library in Elmore, Ohio has done it again!  We =
won $1000 Grant for a D-Day contest sponsored by the History Channel.  =
This is the fifth contest we have won in about five years.  We invited =
our community to a Breakfast honoring our Veterans prior to our annual =
Memorial Day parade, and asked local vets to share memorabila, which we =
displayed through June 6 - the 60th Anniversary of D-day.  We had a =
tremendous response and our local veterans seemed to really appreciate =
it.  In fact, we decided to make the Memorial Day Breakfast an annual =
event.
Past awards included a $1,000 Grant from MSNBC for "Leaders and Lgends =
with Matt Lauer", a clock from A&E for a program on the 1920s, and a DVD =
player also from the History Channel for a display connected with the =
anniversary of the assassination of JFK.  Our biggest win was last =
summer when we won "53' of Chocolate" in the "Drive to Read" contest =
sponsored by ALA and Hershey's chocolate milk.
Two other Ohio libraries won the Grand prize in the D-Day contest:  Way =
Public Library in Perrysburg and Meigs County in Pomeroy.  While =
Montpelier, Groveport and Kingsville were runners up.  Ohio libraries =
rock!
Georgi Huizenga, Harris-Elmore Public Library
------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C49B2F.30C71C60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Harris-Elmore Public Library in =
Elmore, Ohio=20
has done it again!&nbsp; We won $1000 Grant for a D-Day contest =
sponsored by the=20
History Channel.&nbsp; This is the fifth contest we have won in about =
five=20
years.&nbsp; We invited our community to a Breakfast honoring our =
Veterans prior=20
to our annual Memorial Day parade, and asked local vets to share =
memorabila,=20
which we displayed through June 6 - the 60th Anniversary of D-day.&nbsp; =
We had=20
a tremendous response and our local veterans seemed to really appreciate =

it.&nbsp; In fact, we decided to make the Memorial Day Breakfast an =
annual=20
event.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Past awards included a $1,000 Grant =
from MSNBC for=20
"Leaders and Lgends with Matt Lauer", a clock from A&amp;E for a program =
on the=20
1920s, and a DVD player also from the History Channel for a display =
connected=20
with the anniversary of the assassination of JFK.&nbsp; Our biggest win =
was last=20
summer when we won "53' of Chocolate" in the "Drive to Read" contest =
sponsored=20
by ALA and Hershey's chocolate milk.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Two other Ohio libraries won the Grand =
prize in the=20
D-Day contest:&nbsp; Way Public Library in Perrysburg and Meigs County =
in=20
Pomeroy.&nbsp; While Montpelier, Groveport and Kingsville were runners =
up.&nbsp;=20
Ohio libraries rock!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Georgi Huizenga, Harris-Elmore Public=20
Library</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C49B2F.30C71C60--