[OPLINLIST] Judging Romance

Lynne Welch welchly@oplin.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:00:57 -0500

Hello colleagues,
         I am forwarding this notice to you for your consideration. The
Booksellers Best Award Contest is run by the Greater Detroit chapter of RWA
(Romance Authors of America) and the awards are announced at RWA's
professional conference in July of each year.
         If you read romance and would be interested in volunteering your
services as a judge, please contact Patti directly at <pattishen@msn.com>.
You will be provided a form to indicate what types of romances you would
prefer to receive, then you will receive five titles in one category and be
asked to rate each individually. There are no meetings to attend, they send
you the judging criteria and form as well as the books, and you keep the
books when you're finished.
         I judged last year and will be judging again this year; if you
have specific questions about the process please feel free to email me
directly. It's a small commitment in terms of time, only persons working in
bookstores and libraries may judge, and it allows us to recognize the books
we enjoy most in this genre.
                         Best regards,
                                 Lynne

Lynne Welch - Reference Librarian
Herrick Memorial Library - Wellington OH 44090 USA
tel. 440-647-2120        fax 440-647-2103
email: <welchly@oplin.org>
website: <www.wellington.lib.oh.us>