[OPLINLIST] Free money available - Apply Online

Tammy Mays tmays@uic.edu
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:57:42 -0600

--=====================_496700765==.ALT

Hello GMR Network Members,

We have reissued the Request For Proposals (RFPs) for the Consumer Health
Award, the Outreach Project Award, and the Technology Improvement Award and
you can link to them from the GMR Funding Opportunities web page at:
http://nnlm.gov/gmr/funding/

To streamline the application process, we now have an online application
form for these awards - the links to the online applications are found in
the body of the RFP.

The deadline for submission of Consumer Health and Technology Improvement
Awards is:  April 11, 2005  The Outreach Project Award does not have a
fixed deadline, but if you want to request funding for a one-year project,
you will need to apply soon.

The GMR is about to begin Year 5 of its current 5-year contract with
NLM.  All projects funded by the GMR must have an end date on or before
April 30, 2006.  Therefore, a one-year project must begin by May 1,
2005.  You have the option of applying for less than one year if you
prefer, but our experience indicates that most projects require a year to
complete.

Remember that the GMR Coordinators are available for consultation at any
step of the proposal process, from idea development to completion of the
application.  Send your questions to gmr@uic.edu or call the GMR office at
800-338-7657.

Tammy Mays, MLIS, AHIP
Consumer Health Coordinator
NN/LM, Greater Midwest Region
Library of the Health Sciences (M/C 763)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1750 West Polk Street
Chicago, IL 60612

MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health
questions.  Promote MedlinePlus to your patients and patrons:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/linking.html.

--=====================_496700765==.ALT

We have reissued the Request For Proposals (RFPs) for the Consumer
Health<br>
Award, the Outreach Project Award, and the Technology Improvement Award
and<br>
you can link to them from the GMR Funding Opportunities web page
at:<br>
</a>To streamline the application process, we now have an online
application<br>
form for these awards - the links to the online applications are found
in<br>
the body of the RFP.<br><br>
The deadline for submission of Consumer Health and Technology
Improvement<br>
Awards is:&nbsp; April 11, 2005&nbsp; The Outreach Project Award does not
have a<br>
fixed deadline, but if you want to request funding for a one-year
project,<br>
you will need to apply soon.<br><br>
The GMR is about to begin Year 5 of its current 5-year contract
with<br>
NLM.&nbsp; All projects funded by the GMR must have an end date on or
before<br>
April 30, 2006.&nbsp; Therefore, a one-year project must begin by May
1,<br>
2005.&nbsp; You have the option of applying for less than one year if
you<br>
prefer, but our experience indicates that most projects require a year
to<br>
complete.<br><br>
Remember that the GMR Coordinators are available for consultation at
any<br>
step of the proposal process, from idea development to completion of
the<br>
application.&nbsp; Send your questions to gmr@uic.edu or call the GMR
office at<br>
800-338-7657.<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Tammy Mays, MLIS, AHIP<br>
Consumer Health Coordinator<br>
NN/LM, Greater Midwest Region <br>
Library of the Health Sciences (M/C 763)<br>
University of Illinois at Chicago <br>
1750 West Polk Street <br>
Chicago, IL 60612<br><br>
MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health
questions.&nbsp; Promote MedlinePlus to your patients and patrons: