[OPLINLIST] Veterans' Day observance

Joanne Gilmore gilmorjo at oplin.org
Fri Apr 7 15:11:44 EDT 2006

As a new director, I have a question about Veterans Day this year.  When
will you be observing this year since it falls on a Saturday?  Will you
close on Friday and open on Saturday?  Only close on Saturday?  Remain open
on both days and let staff "float" their holiday hours?  I'm interested in
what the common practices are for this type of holiday, when many people
might not think of the Library being closed.

I will be looking at rewriting our holiday policy in the near future and
would like to include how to handle such situations in the policy statement.

Thanks for your help!

Joanne R. Gilmore

Director

Upper Sandusky Community Library