[OPLINLIST] State Library's new eNewsletter and News section

Sean Hughes ohiolibrarymarketing at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 09:15:47 EDT 2006

Last Thursday, the State Library of Ohio sent its first eNewsletter! The format of this eNewsletter is transitional as we are in the process of rebuilding our Web site. Until our new customer- centered Web site is live, we will be sending out this eNewsletter on a monthly basis. Each eNewsletter will have all of the articles published in the new temporary News section of our Web site over the past month.

  The format is simple. Each eNewsletter will contain a headline, an abstract and a URL to the full article in the News section of our Web site for each article. The articles are categorized under subject headings: State Librarian's Message; State Library of Ohio News; Public Library News; State Employee News; Library Tech News; Legislative News; Librarian Resource Articles; and the State Library Board Report. The News section of our Web site also is categorized by these headings. The pages of the News section are printable for your offline reading enjoyment.

  By leaving the traditional newsletter format, we are allowing for a more current way for you to view the news. We encourage you to visit our News section often because articles will be added as they arise. This not only allows us to deliver more timely news to you, but it also allows us to plan for the future of news dissemination. Our new Web site will be built in a content management system that will allow you to sign up for Web Alerts notifying you as new articles are added to our site. It also will allow us to utilize RSS feeds as well as other information delivery mechanisms.

  We hope you enjoy the new format and apologize for the Spartan design. Please visit our news section often at http://winslo.state.oh.us/NewsLtr/FrontPage.htm

  E-mail us and let us know what you think or if you would like to receive the eNewsletter.

  Thank you,

  Sean K. Hughes, Public Relations Manager State Library of Ohio
  Phone: 614.644.6875
  Fax: 614.466.3584
  http://winslo.state.oh.us
  "The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist state government and libraries in providing the best service to all."