[OPLINLIST] reference recordkeeping procedures

Lynne Welch welchly at oplin.org
Thu Feb 23 16:47:28 EST 2006

Hello colleagues,
         My director has asked me to post this question to the list. Please
feel free to reply directly to me at <welchly at oplin.org>.

         We are trying to establish how many Ohio libraries track their
"questions answered" statistics (directional and reference) daily, and how
many set up specific periods of time during which they count how many
questions are answered (such as 2 weeks in the spring and fall, for example).

         Currently we track on a daily basis, but we are considering
changing the procedure.

         Thanks for any comments you may care to share with us.

Lynne Welch - Reference Librarian
Herrick Memorial Library - Wellington OH 44090
tel. 440-647-2120       fax 440-647-2103
email <welchly at oplin.org>
website: <wellington.lib.oh.us>