[OPLINLIST] Computer Sign Ups over the Phone

Evelyn Janoch E.Janoch at rrpl.org
Thu Jul 13 09:47:13 EDT 2006

Hi Richard,

We use Pharos rather than PC Reservation, but I would guess that they
are similar. Taking a phone reservation for a PC only takes a minute
since we have the program open on our computers at the reference desk
anyway. The patron just gives us their library card number and tells us
what time they want to come in. We then tell them which computer is
reserved for them--that's it. We really don't have too many people who
call, but they appreciate the convenience of knowing that a computer
will be ready for them.

Evelyn Janoch
Evelyn Janoch               Adult Services Manager
Rocky River Public Library     440.333.7610 x256
1600 Hampton Rd.                440.331.4920 fax
Rocky River, OH 44116         e.janoch at rrpl.org
Looking for a good book? Visit http://readingroom.rrpl.org