[OPLINLIST] Help identify a book!

Wendy Greenwood wgreen at ghpl.org
Mon Jul 17 12:20:26 EDT 2006

Hello all you smart librarians!

I am trying to help a patron find the title and author of a book that
was written in 1943 or before.  There isn't much information to go on
and I have exhausted my resources.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

"I am looking for a book written before 1943 about a Native American
Indian girl named Rowena.  My grandmother read this book prior to
having my mother and liked it so well she named my mother Rowena.  My
grandmother has passed away and my mother would really like to read
the book.  We have no other details other than it is not Ivanhoe."

Please respond to me directly if you think you know the title/author
of this book.  I will post to the list if/when someone locates the
answer (for the curious).

Thank you in advance on behalf of this patron if you decide to take
on this challenge.

Wendy S. Greenwood
Manager, Reference Department
Grandview Heights Public Library