[OPLINLIST] Some Flying, No Tights: The Ins and Outs of Graphic Novels - Blue Ash, Ohio

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Fri Apr 13 14:47:00 EDT 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

  Some Flying, No Tights: The Ins and Outs of Graphic Novels
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1049>

Do you find yourself lost or confused when your patrons start talking
about graphic novels? Do you find yourself wondering what is a graphic
novel and should my library have them? Or are you addicted to graphics
and wish your library carried more of them?

This discussion is for everyone. Whether you know everything about
graphics and want to share your knowledge, or know only a little about
graphics and want to find out what they are and how your library can use
them, come join the discussion!

      Date

Tuesday, April 24th, 2007

      Time

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

Valerie Davis is the Teen Librarian at the Newport Branch of the
Campbell County Library. Valerie currently reviews graphic novels for
the No Flying, No Tights website <http://www.noflyingnotights.com/>, as
well as being an active contributor to ROYAL
<http://www.swonlibraries.org/royal/> and CARGYS
<http://www.swonlibraries.org/cargys>. Her addiction to graphic novels
began at age 8 with her first collection of Teen Titan comic books!

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided

      Audience

This discussion is open to all interested parties. Join us for the best
discussion of Graphic Novels in town!

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required

      Friend of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

Free, but registration is required

      Other

Free, but registration is required

The deadline to register is Saturday, April 21st, 2007