[OPLINLIST] [SWON Libraries] Some Flying, No Tights: The Ins and Outs of Graphic Novels - Blu

info@swonlibraries.org info at swonlibraries.org
Fri Apr 13 14:47:15 EDT 2007

 This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for any duplication.

[ http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1049 ]Some Flying, No Tights: The Ins and Outs of Graphic Novels
Do you find yourself lost or confused when your patrons start talking about graphic novels? Do you find yourself wondering what is a graphic novel and should my library have them? Or are you addicted to graphics and wish your library carried more of them?

This discussion is for everyone. Whether you know everything about graphics and want to share your knowledge, or know only a little about graphics and want to find out what they are and how your library can use them, come join the discussion!

Date

Tuesday, April 24th, 2007

Time

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Location

SWON Libraries Office

Speaker(s)

Valerie Davis is the Teen Librarian at the Newport Branch of the Campbell County Library. Valerie currently reviews graphic novels for the [ http://www.noflyingnotights.com/ ]No Flying, No Tights
website, as well as being an active contributor to [ http://www.swonlibraries.org/royal/ ]ROYAL and [ http://www.swonlibraries.org/cargys ]CARGYS. Her addiction to graphic novels began at age 8 with her first collection of Teen Titan comic books!

Meal

Light snacks will be provided

Audience

This discussion is open to all interested parties. Join us for the best discussion of Graphic Novels in town!

Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required

Friend of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required

Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

Free, but registration is required

Other

Free, but registration is required

The deadline to register is Saturday, April 21st, 2007