[OPLINLIST] May I Help You? Customer Service & Reference Behaviors: Workshop in Urbana, Ohio

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Tue Apr 24 13:05:07 EDT 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

  May I Help You? Customer Service and Reference Behaviors that Work
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1074>

Do you have new staff that need to develop reference and customer
service skills? Experienced staff wanting a refresher? /*May I Help You?
Customer Service and Reference Behaviors That Work*/ is just the ticket.

This half day training covers the basics of conducting a successful
reference interview combined with common sense and practical customer
service behaviors. Customer Service and Reference Behaviors go hand in
hand and this workshop will teach everyone, from pages to librarians,
how to develop the skills that really /work/.

Location: Champaign County Public Library <http://www.champaign.lib.oh.us/>

      Date

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007

      Time

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon

      Location

Champaign County Public Library
1060 Scioto Street
Urbana, Ohio 43078

      Speaker(s)

*Jay Burton* currently is the Head of Professional Development at the
State Library of Ohio
<http://winslo.state.oh.us/cregister/sloh-sessions>. A former elementary
school teacher, Jay brings over 20 years experience in public library
settings including a small library in Park City, Utah and currently,
part-time reference librarian at the Columbus Metropolitan Library
<http://www.cml.lib.oh.us/>.

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided

      Audience

This class is open to all library staff who wish to develop exceptional
customer service skills

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$5 to cover costs

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$5 to cover costs

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$5 to cover costs

      Other

$5 to cover costs

The deadline to register is Monday, April 30th, 2007