[OPLINLIST] KnowItNow Librarians: can you help us test some software?

Laura Solomon lsolomon at cpl.org
Mon Aug 13 11:54:45 EDT 2007

KIN Librarians:

Are you interested in trying out a possible replacement for the current
KnowItNow software? KnowItNow is evaluating Jive Software's OpenFire
Enterprise server as a potential platform for the KnowItNow service. Not
only does this product have web-interface for customers but it also can
accept messages from the popular IM services.

Additionally since it was developed as messaging server it has a similar
look and feel to your favorite IM client! We are excited about the promise
of this software but we would like your help evaluating it.

We are also testing this software with librarians from Oregon's virtual
reference service, L-Net.  This is an opportunity to collaborate on a
project that may not only affect Ohio, but an entire other state as well.

If you are interested in testing with us please contact
support at knowitnow.org with your name and KIN-affiliated library's name and
we will send you detailed instructions on how to participate. (Please note
that you will have to install some software to be able to do this.)  Please
note that this is a VERY limited-time trial; if you are interested, please
contact us before the end of this week so you can begin to participate.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide for this project!

Laura Solomon

KnowItNow Support

www.knowitnow.org <http://www.knowitnow.org/>

support at knowitnow.org