[OPLINLIST] Rare Books Interest Group Meeting: Visit to Lloyd Library and Museum in Cincinnati, Ohio

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Wed Aug 15 11:20:20 EDT 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
Please forward this message to all interested parties.
*

  Rare Books Interest Group Meeting: Visit to Lloyd Library and Museum
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1166>

      Date

Wednesday, September 19th, 2007

      Time

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

Lloyd Library and Museum
917 Plum Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202

      Description

The Rare Books Interest Group gathers together librarians, archivists,
and library staff for discussions about our libraries and our
collections. Join us for an afternoon of discussion at the newly
renovated Lloyd Library and Museum
<http://www.lloydlibrary.org/index.html>.  The Lloyd Library holds,
acquires, preserves, and provides access to both historic and current
books and journals, as well as archival materials, on a wide variety of
disciplines that fall under the subjects of natural history, botany,
pharmacy, and medicine. Lloyd's resources are in fact an eclectic blend
of a host of related sciences. Despite the scientific focus, the
collections have relevance to the humanities, such as visual arts and
foreign languages through resources that feature botanical
illustrations, original artworks, and travel literature.

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided

      Audience

This meeting is open to all library staff interested in rare books and
archives. Join us for some great discussion!

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required

      Other

Free, but registration is required

The deadline to register is Tuesday, September 18th, 2007