[OPLINLIST] e-mail

Elizabeth A. Glasgow elizabethglasgow at newtonfalls.org
Fri Dec 7 09:35:47 EST 2007

Yes - we encourage patron to come to the library to access their e-mail,
upload to Flickr, etc.  We see it as serving a need in the community, plus
it keeps people coming in the door.  We may soon have other applications
for our catalog that encourage people to participate in online blogging
about library materials - better yet!  Everyone gets a half hour (or more
if no one is waiting) regardless of what they're doing, so it doesn't
impact the other patrons.

Elizabeth Glasgow
Newton Falls PL

> Do you allow patrons to access their e-mail from your internet computers?
> There is a discussion going on here between the director, staff and board
> as to what to do.  Please respond to the list as some people I have talked
> to are watching the list to see the comments.   Thanks, Kathy

Elizabeth A. Glasgow
Reference Librarian
Newton Falls Public Library
204 South Canal Street