[OPLINLIST] Do you have a new Internet access policy?

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Jul 16 08:45:35 EDT 2007

It has been a while since OPLIN has asked for copies of any new Internet
access policies adopted by public libraries. If you have adopted a new or
revised policy within the last year or so, we would like to have a copy.

State law requires all public libraries that get Internet access through
OPLIN to "adopt policies that control access to obscene and illegal
materials." We find that the best way to prove that libraries are
following the law is to keep copies of the policies in our office, but we
have no way of knowing if the policy we have on file is the policy
currently in effect at your library. If you think we might have an
outdated policy on file for your library, we would be happy to receive a
copy of your current policy. Send it to:

OPLIN Support Center
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130
Columbus, OH  43204
FAX: 614-728-5256
email: support at oplin.org

For an example of a typical Internet access policy, see:
 http://www.oplin.org/page.php?Id=62-5-335-1265-960

Thank you!

--
Stephen Hedges, Executive Director