[OPLINLIST] Birthday Book

Pam Hankinson phankinson at alexandria.lib.oh.us
Thu Jul 19 13:50:54 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any libraries had done a program involving parents/grandparents buying books for the library in honor of a child's birthday?

The book would have a picture of the child along with name and dedication inside the book. The idea was passed on to me from a school library that does it and then also announces the child's name on morning announcements and there is a wall for the child's photo to be displayed.

My concern is kids feeling left out if they don't get their picture on the wall.

I would appreciate any comments from libraries who have done something similar or who has heard of a similar program.You can reply to my library email.

Thank you,

Pam Hankinson
Children's Coordinator
Alexandria Public Library