[OPLINLIST] Week of the Young Child

Ruth Metcalf RMETCALF at sloma.state.oh.us
Mon Mar 19 09:03:28 EST 2007

Hello Everyone!

Sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young
Children (NAEYC) the Week of the Young Child (WOYC) is a time to
celebrate children and raise awareness of their needs. This year --
between April 22 and April 28 -- NAEYC affiliate groups across the
nation will be drawing attention to our youngest citizens with this
annual event. The NAEYC website provides a number of valuable tools for
to assist in planning celebrations and alerting the public to the needs
of young children. (www.naeyc.org/about/woyc
<outbind://13/www.naeyc.org/about/woyc> )

Many ALSC members are not only aware of the NAEYC and WOYC -- but have
already made wonderful connections with our colleagues in the Early
Childhood Care and Education community.

Viki Ash, member of ALSC's Liaison with National Organizations Serving
Children and Youth Committee, encouarges you to make contact with your
local NAEYC affiliate. For a listing of local affiliates see the
following website: www.naeyc.org/affiliates/complete.asp
<http://www.naeyc.org/affiliates/complete.asp>

Since Ohio is now embarking on an early literacy project - READY TO READ
- this contact would be very beneficial for your library as well as your
local early childhood NAEYC affiliate.

Please call me if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Ruth A. Metcalf
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
Library Development
274 East First Avenue,Suite 100
Columbus, Ohio 43201
Phone: 614-644-6910
Fax:     614-728-2788
http://winslo.state.oh.us <http://winslo.state.oh.us/>
"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all"