[OPLINLIST] Job Opening

Kathy Stengel KSTENGEL at middletownlibrary.org
Mon Dec 15 10:47:28 EST 2008

Children*s Associate, (2) part-timeMiddletown Public Library, Middletown
Ohio Are you looking for a position where you can enhance a child*s mind
through your creative storytimes and programming?  Or where you can
inspire a child by introducing them to the world of reading?  If so, we
have a position where you can help a child explore, dream and realize
that the library is there for them. As part of the children*s team
you*ll create and conduct storytimes and programs.  Your desire to
make a difference will correlate with our early childhood literacy
projects, including our development of a Reading Readiness Center and
our participation in the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.  You can use
your creativity to develop displays and promotional materials.  You can
even design and paint window displays!  Your instructional experience
will be put to use as you give instruction on the PAC terminals and the
Internet.  As part of our community outreach you*ll go on school visits
and participate in literacy-related programs.  You*ll give one-on-one
assistance at the children*s desk answering information and basic
reference questions and giving readers advisory. You*ll need excellent
customer service and communication skills as well as previous experience
in planning and conducting children*s storytimes and programs.  You must
have good computer skills including the Internet, MS Office software,
databases, and simple printer troubleshooting.  You*ll need to have an
excellent knowledge of children*s literature.  We have a team based
atmosphere so you*ll work closely with other children*s associates and
librarians.  We require regular and predictable attendance.  Bending,
lifting, crouching, stooping and pushing of full book carts is also
required. The hours include days, 2 evenings and every other Saturday or
Sunday and average 20 hours per week.  Salary range is $8.75 * $11.75
depending on experience. To apply for this opportunity applications are
available on the Jobs section of our web site at
www.middletownlibrary.org or at any of our libraries.  Send the
application and your resume to kstengel at middletownlibrary.org or mail to
HR Manager, Middletown Public Library, 125 S. Broad Street, Middletown,
OH  45044.Katherine A. Stengel, PHR
Human Resources Manager
Middletown Public Library
125 S. Broad Street