[OPLINLIST] OHIONET workshop: Fundamentals of Cataloging: Subject Analysis--still seats available!

Evan Struble EvanS at ohionet.org
Thu Feb 21 09:51:59 EST 2008

Forgive the cross-posting...

Greetings, friends!

There is still time for you or a fellow staff member to register for
OHIONET's Fundamentals of Cataloging: Subject Analysis workshop!
OHIONET's Fundamentals of Cataloging series covers the basics of
cataloging over the course of four sessions. In this session, we will
cover the theories behind the subject heading schemes used by most
academic and public libraries and analyze those theories. Participants
will learn how important subject headings are when used for organization
of and access to materials. This is the perfect workshop for those staff
members who need a refresher course, or for those just starting out.

When: Tuesday, March 11th, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Where: Heidelberg College, Beeghly Library Computer Lab, 10 Greenfield
Street, Tiffin OH 44883

Cost: $80 (members); $100 (non-members)

Lunch is not provided with this workshop. Please see the following link
for the full workshop description and to register online:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=548

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I hope to see you
there!

Sincerely,

Evan

Evan T. Struble, MLIS

Continuing Education Coordinator

OHIONET

1500 W. Lane Avenue

Columbus, OH 43221

614-486-2966 Ext. 37

800-686-8975 Ext. 37

Fax: 614-486-1527

evans at ohionet.org <mailto:evans at ohionet.org>  / Yahoo IM: evantyler

Check out OHIONET's training calendar, where new workshops are being
added all the time: http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php
<http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php>