[OPLINLIST] DVD security cases pro & con

cooleyda@oplin.org cooleyda at oplin.org
Thu Jun 5 07:47:09 EDT 2008

We presently keep our DVDs and CDs behind the circulation desk; patrons
bring us the empty case and we insert the item and check it out.  As our
collection has grown, we are considering switching to the secure cases
many libraries use.  I am concerned about several issues : the cost of the
cases; what type of security cases you have had the best (or worst)
experience with; most importantly, your experience with theft.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Dan Cooley,
Dover Public Library