[OPLINLIST] Learn How to Google... Librarian Style

SERLS ceserls at oplin.org
Wed Jun 11 12:25:26 EDT 2008

The Southeast Regional Library <http://www.serls.org/>  System (SERLS)
invites you to attend:

Getting Results With Google

Tell a colleague <http://ce.serls.org/emailevent.cfm?ID=442>

Program Date: 06/18/2008

Program Time:1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.

This workshop will be conducted via videoconference at the following
locations in Central and Southeast Ohio:

SERLS Office, Wellston

SEO Library Center, Caldwell

State Library of Ohio, Columbus

Speaker:
Glen Horton, Technology Coordinator
SWON Regional Library System

Program Description:
We use Google on a daily basis: it's simple interface and page-ranking make
it a great search engine. However, there is much more to Google than just
simple keyword searching. During this videoconference, Glen will discuss
some of the lesser-known ways to get better results from your searches,
including some of the features, tricks and hacks that make Google more than
just a search engine, but a valuable reference tool for librarians.

Glen will demonstrate how to...

* use special operators to enhance search results
* use Google's built-in dictionary, calculator, unit converter, phone book,
and more
* get stock, weather, flight, movie, and package tracking information
* translate web pages from other languages
* search Google from your phone, instant messenger, and more

Meals: No meal is included in this workshop

Audience: Reference staff or anyone who uses Google for library related
purposes

Contact Hours: 1.5

Enhanced Member Cost: $0.00

Basic Member Cost: $15.00 (All libraries automatically enjoy a free basic
membership in SERLS and may register staff for any of our workshops)

For more details on this and other upcoming workshops, or to register
online, please go to: http://ce.serls.org

Cheilon Mitchell, CE Coordinator

Southeast Regional Library System (SERLS)

252 W. 13th Street

Wellston, OH 45692

740-384-2103 ext. 2

ceserls at oplin.org