[OPLINLIST] NoveList feature: linking directly to/from your library's OPAC

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Thu Mar 6 13:38:29 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Mindy Holmes <holmesme at oplin.org> wrote:
> I am attempting to work this out with EBSCO for our catalog, but so far
> come up with the Novelist home page as well.  It took me several e-mails
> to procure a username/password, but so far this does not work as I think
> it should.

I would suggest routing the links to Novelist through OPLIN's
authenticator.  Whatever link that Novelist tells you to put into
your PAC code, add this to it:

http://******.oplin.org/login?url=

Replace ****** with your FSCS number.

That way, you won't have to worry about passwords.

Email me off list if you have no idea what I'm talking about, or
if you have a vague idea what I'm talking about and need more
help, contact OPLIN.

> Also, the custom link back to our catalog does not work as
> it should.  I hope to get it ironed out as I think it is a nice
> additional feature.

You might want to wait until the dust clears on the re-design.
Past experience tells me that it usually takes EBSCO and
subsidiaries a few weeks to cope when this sort of thing happens.
(Anyone remember when they changed from epnet.com to
ebscohost.com?  A nightmare).

--
                   Don Yarman, Assistant Director
                   Delaware County District Library

Currently reading:  "House on the Point" by Benjamin Hoff