[OPLINLIST] NoveList feature: linking directly to/from your library's OPAC

Mindy Holmes holmesme at oplin.org
Thu Mar 6 11:45:49 EST 2008

My understanding is that when you click on the Novelist link in Polaris
(say for the book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets), you should
be taken to the page in Novelist for that specific book title.  I
checked a library in Texas that did have the function up and working
properly as of Monday, and their PAC now goes to the Novelist homepage
as well.  I know that Novelist was down part of yesterday for upgrades
to the site, so perhaps something has happened on the EBSCO end of things.

I am attempting to work this out with EBSCO for our catalog, but so far
come up with the Novelist home page as well.  It took me several e-mails
to procure a username/password, but so far this does not work as I think
it should.  Also, the custom link back to our catalog does not work as
it should.  I hope to get it ironed out as I think it is a nice
additional feature.

Mindy Holmes
Mason Public Library
200 Reading Road