[OPLINLIST] Director Search Opened--Troy-Miami County Public Library

Carol Pelz cpelz at ghpl.org
Tue Mar 25 13:55:33 EDT 2008

The Trustees of the Troy-Miami County Public Library (OH) need an energetic,
creative, team-oriented leader to fill the Director’s position, soon open due to
retirement.  Located near Dayton, we offer the best in community ambiance and
metropolitan amenities.  Our staff is well trained and the organization is in fit
condition, so that the new Director can concentrate on future services.  The
successful applicant must have an excellent knowledge of current best practices,
comfortable with technology, and have strong collaborative skills.  Willingness
to become a part of the community is essential. The Director works in departments
regularly.

Position requires an accredited MLIS, 5 years progressive experience (including
management of staff and budget) and an exciting vision of what libraries can be
to their communities.  Salary: Minimum of $70k, additional dependent upon
experience.  The generous benefits package includes the Library paying 8.5% of
the employee’s share of retirement.  A full description can be seen at
www.troypubliclibrary.org under the "Hours and Contacts" link.  Send resume and
three professional references to: Troy-Miami County Public Library Director
Search, Carol Pelz, P.O. Box 159, Galloway, Ohio, 43119.  Applications received
before April 25, 2008 will be given preference.