[OPLINLIST] The Empowerment Advantage - June 5th in Blue Ash

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Thu May 8 23:17:44 EDT 2008

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    The Empowerment Advantage

http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1362

      Date

Thursday, June 5th, 2008

      Time

9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

*Bill Young,MBA* is an excellent resource for libraries who want to
increase the performance and effectiveness of their most valuable asset,
their people.

As an educator, trainer, and successful entrepreneur for over 25 years,
Bill can help you move your library personnel towards your desired goals.

Bill has trained library staff throughout Ohio, West Virginia, and the
Kentucky areas. He is a frequent speaker at the Ohio Library Council's
annual and semi-annual conventions, as well as at Training at OLC and
regional library associations.

In addition, Bill is a faculty member at Indiana Wesleyan University and
the University of Phoenix, teaching leadership & organizational
behavior, change management, and public relations. You get "cutting
edge" and up-to-date information in the areas of human development with
Bill.

      Description

In this high-content program you will learn how to develop your
self-confidence and self-reliance levels to make your life easier and
less stressful. This 'experiential' workshop will provide new insight to
conflict management, relationship mastery, and having the confidence to
make great decisions. All of this provided in a fun, relaxed and
entertaining atmosphere with the use of games, exercises, music and
humor as well as power-packed content.

*In this program we will:*

1.Examine the importance of accepting responsibility in all aspects of
our daily lives. What responsibility is and is not, and how it can
empower people in amazing ways.

2. Harvest understanding of the concepts of judgment, fear, limitations
and how they dis empower us.

3. Look closely at the aspects of criticism and how it affects us. We
will learn empowering techniques to enhance our ability to give AND
receive criticism gracefully.

4. Reap new insights on how to have the power and confidence to deal
with conflict, whether with customers or co-workers.

5. Obtain great levels of team synergy and confidence by understanding
how to empower other people.

6. Explore new ideas into effective decision making, with less
dependence, and more confidence.

This program is a must for anyone who works with customers or co-workers
and wants to enjoy increased workplace morale, less stress, and more job
enrichment.

      Meal

Continental breakfast and light snacks will be provided.

      Audience

This program is designed to develop the confidence anyone needs for
success at the library or in personal life. We explore how to enhance
self-reliance, deal with criticism, and empower ourselves to make better
decisions. From the circulation desk to the break room, this is a great
program for managers and support staff alike.

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$45

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$45

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$45

      Other

$55

The deadline to register is Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008