[OPLINLIST] NEO--Joan Frye Williams and George Needham

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Fri May 9 15:22:01 EDT 2008

If you haven't heard Joan Frye Williams don't miss this opportunity to hear a dynamic team of Joan and George Needham!

Update Your Service Mix: New Data, New Models, New Opportunities	 Tell a colleague
Program Date: Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Program Time:9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Speakers:
Joan Frye Williams, Library futurist/consultant
George Needham, OCLC Vice-President
Program Description:
When it comes to library services, excellence ain't what it used to be! Library futurist/consultant Joan Frye Williams and OCLC Vice-President George Needham team up to fill you in on the latest thinking about how to keep your library's offerings fresh and sustainable.

In this interactive workshop we'll explore

*	recent data - including a few surprises - about what really resonates with civilians,

*	intriguing examples of successful new services - from other libraries and other disciplines, and

*	practical suggestions for redeploying the resources you already have for a better return on your service investment.

Our intrepid presenters are also likely to provide a nudge (or two!) towards discontinuing some of library-land's traditional services, i.e. de-canonizing those sacred cows. Don't miss this lively and informative session.

Meals: Choice of Non-vegetarian or Vegetarian
Audience: Anyone looking to improve their library
Contact Hours: 5
Member Cost: $ 85.00 [Register]

Non-Member Cost:$215.00 [Register]

Location: