[OPLINLIST] the end of Novelist

Carolyn Rector rectorca at oplin.org
Sat Oct 25 10:28:46 EDT 2008

To the Oplin community:

Are there other people who are worried about losing Novelist as part of
the OPLIN package of databases. I see that they will be adding nonfiction
as well. Is this the reason the price is going up? Will there be a
replacement and will the replacement included K-12 as the older Novelist
has done. We use this database to build teacher collections. How else is
this a valuable resouce for librarians?

We also wonder about the alternatives to Novelist? What are the free
databases for searching for children's books?

Just wanted to start a discussion on this topic.

Sincerely,
Carolyn

Carolyn Rector
Adult Services Librarian